Monday, April 11, 2011

Researching (2)

So I put in my two weeks and got the year of leave out of it. It wasn't easy and so it was also a taste of what it would have been like to go back to full-time work. My husband was out of town several days a week for business and I hired a temp nanny through an online service. It took a week of scrambling to interview and line up a good candidite for a nanny, and there were many people who responded, unlike several years ago when I looked for a nanny for my first son. The two weeks were tiring even with help, and at the end when there was just me and my two sons at the house, the eldest would ask me who was coming over to play with him and help him, or if he was going to daycare, or if instead he would be going to preschool. Sometimes it is a little painful to be a mom. I even wondered if perhaps I wasn't really cut out for being a full-time mom after all...! And now, there are just a few short minutes while the eldest actually sleeps during his quiet time and the baby is happy hanging out ~ and I will think about the dishes in the kitchen later ~ There is lots more research to do. I daydream a little of my husband staying home and working and caring for the boys while I travel to the location that has inspired the setting for a long weekend, or maybe even a week, or more, to study the locale. I wonder if this would be tax deductible?

No comments:

Post a Comment